NEWS ＆ EVENTS
Musashi University's response to the declaration of a state of emergency (updated May 1, 2020)
Updated May 1, 2020
To students, faculty and staff members
To new students
To whom it may concern
Following the declaration of a state of emergency, Musashi University has decided to take the following measures based on the “本学の対応方針” announced on March 9th, in order to protect the lives and health of our students, faculty and staff members, and others, and to fulfill our social responsibility to prevent the spread of the infection.
Musashi University’s measures for responding to the COVID-19 situation will evolve as the situation itself evolves; successive iterations of the measures will be published through this website. Therefore, check our website regularly. For the latest information, please refer to “[Summary] Regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)”
Prohibition of entry to the university and closure of office counters
1．Entry to the University Campus prohibited
From April 1st to May 6th, entrance to the campus is prohibited except for those who have prior clearance. *The period may be extended depending on future circumstances. In that case, we will inform you on the university website.
Until May 31,
2．Office counters closed
During the above period, we will close our office counters. For inquiries, please contact us by e-mail. As a general rule, our staff will work from home and we are keeping the number of staff who need to come to work to the minimum. We kindly ask for your understanding that we may not be able to offer our usual phone services or that it may take time to reply to emails.
University events and classes
- The start date of the spring semester has been postponed again: to Monday, May 11. For the latest information regarding classes and teaching this semester (e.g. course registration deadlines, etc.), please login into the Musashi Study Support System (Musashi 3S) and refer to the section “For current students and faculty and staff” and “For new students”.
- the Musashi Study Support System (Musashi 3S)
- For current students and faculty and staff
- For new students
- Once students enroll at Musashi University, they will be using the computer on a daily basis for course registration, grade confirmation, assignments, distance learning, distribution of electronic lesson materials and creating documents. Please ensure that you have a PC/online study environment which minimally includes the specified functions.
- Other on-campus events, off-campus events will be in principle either postponed or cancelled.
- Please check the following website for events hosted by Musashi Academy University Co-op.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) has set the level of infectious disease risk to 2 or higher worldwide. As a general rule, please refrain from traveling abroad.
- We strongly request that students refrain from extracurricular activities that involve interacting with others in person. However, when such interactions are absolutely unavoidable, please make sure to thoroughly take all measures necessary for infection prevention.
- As for job hunting, please follow the instructions from companies/organizations. Please carry out the infection prevention measures thoroughly when job hunting.
- Avoid the "3密 (mitsu)" (closed[密閉], crowded places[密集] and close-contact settings [密接]) where there is a greater risk of infection in your daily life (including part time jobs).
Facility use (Entry to the university campus is prohibited from April 1 to May 6.)
- The university library is closed. Please refer to the university library website for more information.
- All extracurricular activities which require use of university facilities (including clubrooms) are prohibited. This applies to both Ekoda campus and Asaka school ground.
- Other facilities are either closed or in restricted use.
What to do if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or are identified as a person in close contact with someone infected with COVID-19
If students/faculty/staff are diagnosed as having been infected by COVID-19, you are not permitted to come to the university or your place of work.
- Students must call the university health center. Faculty and staff members must inform their department head.
- If you are identified as a person in close contact with a COVID-19 patient, please consult with your nearest public health center.
Prevention of infection
To prevent infection of COVID-19, please rigorously stick to the following guidelines.
- As a general rule, do not go out except for purposes that are essential to life. Examples of such essential purposes are: going to a medical institution, shopping for food, and going to work.
- Prevent infection through good hygiene such as hand washing, “coughing etiquette”, etc.
- If you must go out, wear a mask, if possible, and avoid the "3密 (mitsu)" (closed[密閉], crowded places[密集] and close-contact settings [密接]).
- If you don’t feel well, stay at home.
- Musashi University website 【まとめ】新型コロナウイルス感染症について（本学の対応）
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology「新型コロナウイルスに関連した感染症対策に関する対応について」
- Office of Prime Minister「新型コロナウイルス感染症に備えて ～一人ひとりができる対策を知っておこう～」
- 外務省 海外安全ホームページ
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare 「新型コロナウイルス感染症について」
- World Health Organization（WHO）「Coronavirus」（English）
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government 新型コロナウイルス感染症（COVID-19）に関する情報
- Nerima-ku 新型コロナウイルス感染症関連情報